Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sewing, Haircuts and Halloween

So lately I have been doing some quilting and sewing to stay busy. I made a quilt for Rich's boss whom is a new daddy. What a good guy he is he likes John Deere just like Rich. As you can tell from the colors they had a boy! It was actually really easy to make and now I need to get one for Nathan, made but I have a couple projects for him I need to get done first.

The fabric was so thick I had to pull the yard through with pliers but
I finished it in about 4 hours. Now I have one project done for Nathan. We needed to make bumper's for his crib,
without fail his arms and legs would be sticking out of the crib. I did it like a
rag quilt and I thought it turned out quit cute. Now if I do it again I will add about 3 inches longer on my measurements do
to my our mistakes. The bumper is a little snug but it works great and
when I find Nathan awake he usually is liking the fabric.
Oh, what would we do without little boys?One of Nathan's favorite things to do is go on a walk. Today he was getting a little cranky
so I got the stroller out of the car and brought it in the house. As soon as Nathan
saw it he instantly smiled and was ready to go. Since it is a little chilly outside
he gets to wear his jacket and hat. He looks a little out of it he was almost
asleep when we got home. Now for the "In need of hair cut" part. I pulled off his hat and there
you have it CRAZY HAIR! I can't wait until Thanksgiving
because Rich's mom is going to show me how to cut it. I just wonder what he is thinking, maybe
" Yeah I like my hair, I'm cool mom!"

Oh memories of Sears, and Hawaii Monsanto Halloween! Don't I look so cute?
You wouldn't be able to guess but I am actually sitting down on a chair.
It was so fun to give candy to the kids I even had some afraid I was really that fat! My manager Onassis, sorry I can't flip the picture. Not sure what he was,
everyone just thought he wanted to show off his muscles for the ladies.
Don't think the wig helped out any!!Rich got his whole crew to dress up and go see everyone in the office.
They were a hit and kept getting requests from different office personal
to come to their department. They drove around all day to
show off their good looks.

Dandy the Summo Wrestle, Ward the Bar Maid and Rich the Ballerina.

They look so darn cute!


We miss all our Maui Ohana and can't wait to see you all again soon.

3 comments:

Ashley Leonardson said...

I love the blankets they look fantastic!! I can not sew at all. My boys love John Deere so My mom is actually making Chandler a John Deere blanket for christmas thank heavens my mom can sew!!

Pili said...

hey guys! I picked up my crappy phone to call you and I don't have your number saved. i tried saving it and accidentally erased it. I blame my crappy phone. anywho, give me a call so we can catch up. Nathan is getting so big and good job on the sewing. I gave up on sewing a long time ago.

Malia said...

Your quilt is awesome! What neat projects. Keep posting your project updates! And LOVE those costumes!! Classic. Little Nathan is so cute. He has way more hair than Kamalei!