Saturday, October 11, 2008

So Much To Say!!

Well we have finally received our household items. It took 47 days for them to get from Maui to little old Connell. Yes, we did have a couple things damaged and are in the process of filling out claim reports for the damage and lost items. Personally I think the whole process is dumb but what do you do? Anyways, I would have posted pictures sooner but in the hustle and bustle of the movers bringing everything in the house, me taking a lot back out and into and storage unit, a baby shower, project day at the church with other mom's (can't miss that day), grocery shopping and filling buckets of hard white wheat at 7 in the morning at 34 degrees I miss placed the cord to down load the pictures. I kept telling Rich that I know where it is but I just can't remember. Well I didn't technically remember I just happen to open a cupboard in the bathroom ( 1 of 10; I know awesome) and there is was right were I put it. So yes we have been busy, we totaled the hours that Rich has worked form Sunday to Friday and we were at 115 hours. The only sane way to look at that is, the paycheck will be nice. Although that is starting to not sound as good. Nathan and I are so ready for Rich to be back in our lives, we miss our daddy and hubby.
So I posted earlier that I do not like harvest time, well that is not all true I love all the different smells. I was driving on some back road Friday and I smelt so many different things. First was sweet onions, then green onions, potatoes, alfalfa, just plain dirt, and sorgrum grass. It is amazes me that within 5 miles you become extremely hungry because of all the smells.
This picture actually is of Nathan tonight getting ready for the tub. I thought is was adorable when trying to pull the shirt off his head and it wouldn't come. I think he almost looks like a nun, what a ham.
This picture is also of him today, I laid him in our bed because mom needs a nap too! Doesn't he look so comfortable, he was out like a log. By the way those are 18 month PJ's I can't believe how big he is getting.So you all know that Rich likes to keep his hair short. Well since we left Idaho he hasn't shaved or cut his hair, due to the clippers floating over here on a boat. Rich got home late the night they arrived and he cut it off. Nathan and I were beginning to not like dad kissing us, Nathan would push away and it would poke my nose. I told Rich that he should have kept the Mohawk it looked good on him. LOL

How could you not love this little man? If you can see I was originally taking a picture of his hair because he woke up from a nap and had some pretty wild thing going on.

Nathan is loving to feed himself although he does make a little mess. Since I know what he is thinking I will interpret (tummy full, yep I will smile for you any day, now when is bath time). He is so darn cute!!!So as I posted earlier me going to Project Day. There are a couple mom's in ward that get together every Friday morning and do any project that they might have. I am in the process of making Nathan bumpers for his crib. Nathan was getting frustrated that he couldn't get around like the other kids so I let him place with the measuring tape and he was happy. He seems to the happiest when he has something he isn't suppose to have, go figure!!!! For example tonight I was folding clothes and I went to pt some away and when I came back he was almost sucking on a dryer sheet. I gave him a different toy and took the sheet from him. He looked at me like "How dare you?" and then started to cry. What can you do but laugh!!

This is one of my favorite pictures, 3 generations of Tomlinson's. We love Grandpa Tomlinson so much are so glad that we have Rich and Nathan who get to be just like you.

5 comments:

camping anyone said...

I cant believe how big your baby is!!! Not much of a baby anymore. But what a cute guy! Enjoy him while he is little because as soon as 15-18 mon. come he will be a handful for sure. Its good to see you guys are doing so good.

Malia said...

Nathan has grown up sooo much! It is amazing. He seems really happy. What a sweet boy. That project day sounds like fun with the ward sisters. Do you meet at church? Living in farmland must be really neat. All the sights and smells and the fruits of hard labor growing all around. Hope you all make it through and that Rich can rest soon!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you! Nathan is getting big. I love his smiles. He always looks so happy. Love and miss you!

Pili said...

Hey Tomlinsons!Wow, Love Rich's hair. Why did you cut it? You looked like a total mountain man. Ty wishes he could grow his beard that long. Well he can, but he's not allowed to. And Nathan is soo freakin cute! When's the next one coming?

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

you fixed your background for reals this time!! I am so excited for you! your nathan has such pretty eyes, he's a looker, Emma liked the pictures of him, its so funny how much she like him! talk to ya later