Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bad Things

So earlier I explained that we had some horrible things happen this month. Well Thursday morning we found out that my parents house caught on fire, and then Thursday night that one of Rich's good friend's from high school committed suicide. So Tuesday the 15th we headed down to Idaho for the funeral and to see my parents house. In the week that we spent there we were also able to watch our nephew play basketball in districts. That was so fun and a great time to see some of my old friends.

So Wednesday was the funeral, the service was beautiful and we were so blessed that we were able to attend it. After the funeral Rich went with his parents to Utah to look at a 5th wheel trailer and I spent the afternoon and evening with my family at their new home, a single wide trailer. As I walked in the trailer the memories of our trailer we lived in when we first were married came flooding back, I kind of miss it.

Sorry I got a little off track. Well my parents house actually caught on fire three different times. The first time at 1 in the morning then again around noon. Then the next day in the morning. My dad said that after the third time he should have let the whole thing burn to the ground. Well everything with the adjuster is said and done so they will have all new sheet rock paneling put throughout the whole house Bye, Bye 70's paneling!!!! They are thinking of adding some new rooms and vaulted ceiling. I can't wait to see it when they are done. Now for people that don't remember Rich's parents house caught of fire in July. I know as Rich's brother-in-law put it, "Rich and Britt are the common denominator in this equation." Well we need to add Brandon and Tina to it to (my brother and sister-in-law). Her parents home burned completely down to the ground a couple of years ago. So if you know us or live by us you might want to get some good insurance!!!!

This is where the fire started a cable of wire fell against the chimney stack.

Part of the ceiling in the living room upstairs right above the stairs going downstairs.

Looking from dinning room into kitchen, Rich is standing on the landing headed into the family room.

New temporary home, we were all playing "Quelf". If you haven't played it you need to, it is hilarious. For my family whenever the phone rings I want to jump up and say, "Pizza Party!" We are so thankful that everyone got out of the house safely, 3 more minutes and it would have been engulfed in flames. Also a huge thank you to everyone in my parents community for everything they have given them.

0 comments: